The Chaplaincy Team 2016 -17
CHAPLAINCY TEAM 2016 -17
Our School established a school Chaplaincy Team in 2011.
We are the School’s Chaplaincy Team for this year. Our role is the following:
- To help the school to be a community of faith.
- To encourage the pupils to live their faith in daily living.
- To develop good relationships within and beyond the school community.
- To support Liturgy, prayer and the spiritual life of the school.
- To involve pupils in fundraising for charities.
- To continue to develop strong links with the Parish.
- To support the school in its Mission Statement.
We have lots of ideas of how we can fulfil our roles. Here are some of them:
- Help to prepare weekly Gospel Preparation assemblies.
‘Saints Day’ celebrations.
- Organise various charity fund-raising events.
- Provide weekly ‘Thought for the Week’ which is posted in each classroom.
- Suggest ideas for RE resources.
- Help to lead assemblies.
- Work with other Chaplaincy Teams.
- Promote bible stories.
- Maintain our Prayer Garden.
We have also thought of how we can work together. The following are our five top tips to help us be a successful Chaplaincy Team.
- Listen to each other’s ideas.
- Communicate with all the team members, school and parish.
- Encourage everyone when making decisions, to share their ideas and to try their best.
- Include everyone when making decisions.
- Lead by example, love everyone especially people you don’t get on with.
If you have any ideas that you wish to share with us then please let us know.
To become a member of the Chaplaincy Team we had to do the following:
- Apply for the job by completing an application form stating why we were suitable for the job and why we wanted it.
- We were then interviewed by Mrs Porter and Fr. TJ.
We have a Chaplaincy Board outside the Y4 Classrooms which gives information about our activities.